Monday, April 16, 2007

Snakes and Snails and Puppy-dog Tails...

I’ve been thinking lately, after some rather recent events, about the difference between guys and girls. Such as, why is it that when a girl gets a grass stain it is considered a disease and when a guy gets a grass stain, he shows it off as a trophy. Girls see it as a bother and guys want to know how they got it such a deep color green. Another thing…bruises? When a girl gets a bruise she tries to hide it with whatever she has, but when a guy gets a bruise, he tries to show it with whatever he has. Girls comfort one another when one gets a bruise but when a guy gets a bruise, they say, “That’s awesome! How’d you get that?!”, and the bruise-ee goes into his glorious story of how he got tackled by a 6 foot 4, 256 lbs. sack of muscles. Why is that? I understand that God made us different for a reason and for that I am very thankful. Guys add brawn into the world and girls add grace and intelligence. (Admit it, fellas.) If you look at it, I'm glad God's in control.

I've just let my mind wander lately and I still haven't gotten it back.

Bub

By the way, grass stains do come off. Th-weet, huh?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Totally th-weet Andrew. How'd you get rid of it?

Andrew said...

Water, laundry detergent, and a scrub brush. Scrub-a-dub-dub.

Nate said...

Was it 6-4, 256? I remember 6-8, 315. Anyway, I wholeheartedly agree with that last statement. God certainly knew what he was doing.

Anonymous said...

That is some big guy!

Anonymous said...

Meaning the 6-8, 315 person.

Elisabeth K. said...

Of course Andrew, don't you know that women were made to keep the men in line? Yet I don't understand the effect of a 6-4, 256 or a 6-8, 315 man crushing you to the ground. OUCH! SO therefore Andrew, I have come to the conclusion that just as you don't understand women, neither will I understand men.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Kate