Monday, April 9, 2007

Making this World Happier, One Wave at a Time!

I've had a campaign that's been put on hold through the winter that I call, "Making This World Happier, One Wave at a Time!" Now here's what you gotta do: Once you see a car driving by, you lift up your arm and hand and wave vigorously...but not to vigorously. We wouldn't want you to pull something. My reason for this is in Texas, everybody waves at each other. Now I don't know if Texas is the happiest place on the earth but I know of some former-Texans that miss that part about it. When you're in the car and you drive by somebody, all you have to do is just lift you hand in a simple wave. When you're on the street playing football or the like, when somebody drives by, wave at 'em. (Forget this elbow, elbow, wrist, wrist, business. Just wave.) My lawyer will not let me sleep if I don't put this in there: Use discretion of who you wave to. I know I have taken it upon myself to make this world a better place to live, but I still understand that this is a weird world, filled with weird people. So just be carefull. As for myself, I am gonna try my best to make this world a happier place for our children and our grandchildren and our great-grandchildren and our great-great-grand children and our great-great-great...you get the picture.

So go ahead...Wave! Who's with me?

Stay out of trouble,
Bub

11 comments:

David said...

Cheers for Bub! If I could see you, I'd wave.

Anonymous said...

Go it, Bub. Next time I see you, I'll try to remember to wave. (jk; really it's a good notion in moderation...being more friendly, that is.)

Michael said...

Huzzah! I can't stop waving now. Everybody in sight is just chuckling to death. If they die, then what do I do?

Anonymous said...

Boy, Jeorge, You'll Just Have To Invest In A Casket.

Unknown said...

Andrew,

I tried - really I did. All I got was a half of a half-hearted grin. Now I'm depressed - it's all your fault. Did your lawyer ever say anything about helping people through depression?

Anna

Andrew said...

Anna, I'm heart-broken that all you got was a half of a half-hearted grin. That is precisely why I have my campaign. Give this world some time to get used to the idea and they'll come around. And I'm deeply sorry you are depressed. My lawyer doesn't cover depression...that's for my counselor.

Michael said...

Bub,

Hey man. I'm really depressed too. About half of those people who were chuckling to death have died. The rest are on their way. I hope your lawyer will cover the cost of the caskets and funerals?

Your depressed friend,

Jeorge.

P.S.
My arm is getting tired.

Andrew said...

My friend's, don't despair! Give it time! This world is messed up and it's up to somebody to make it a happier place to live. It'll take time but we must persevere. If we don't we'll just have a bunch of grumps walking around. Now who wants that?

Michael said...

Ok. I'll keep going for a little. See if anyone gets much happier. Is this kind of like the "the grin will win" thing?

Elisabeth K. said...

Bub, your right! If you had a campaign that said...making this world happier one smile at a time...my checks would fall off in pain. You know, like ouch! Therefore, smart move! I shall wave, in moderation, to those around me! Good luck in your quest!

Anonymous said...

Whew, I'll say this world is messed up!